Volleyball Development Camps run a range of camps throughout the year and no single VbDC camp addresses all volleyball abilities. An athlete who has playing for two years cannot learn the game properly if he or she must train alongside athletes who have never been on a volleyball court – or those who are playing for their national team. There is a hint in our name: Volleyball DEVELOPMENT Camps. We use a stair stepped approach to training which places athletes of similar ability together in a single camp, and focuses on developing the skills they need to master before moving on to the next level.
- VbDC uses the very best facilities and skilled coaches to take a holistic approach to volleyball coaching.
- Athletes receive quality coaching in all aspects of their game at both a technical and tactical level.
- There are break-out sessions to challenge and inspire.
- We extensively use video analysis to aid our campers learning process.
- We employ coaches and assistant coaches who bring a wealth of experience to our camps having been involved either as coach of a national squad, as a developmental coach for the national/regional squad, or as a player on a national squad.
The one thing about everyone involved with Volleyball Development Camps is a shared passion for the sport whether as a player, teacher, coach or referee.
To learn more about each of the camps, use the drop down menu above.
In order to differentiate our camps and make it easier to understand where an athlete will fit in we employ the grading system used in skiing, mountain biking and some tennis coaching programmes starting at Green for Beginner progressing through Blue, Red and up to Black for elite level players.
Underneath the headings on our camp description pages there are three bar charts indication the range of abilities suitable for that camp, so for example First Stepz camp is our introductory camp for beginners so that is all Green.