Data Protection policy
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on the website and contains provisions as set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you have any questions about this policy: –
email – firstname.lastname@example.org
write to: Volleyball Developments Limited, 10 Stephendale Road, Farnham, Surrey
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to manage enquiries and applications to our Volleyball Camps, provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, age, preferences and interests
• Information relating to Volleyball Performance to ascertain the most suitable camp
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Information relating to booking places on our camps
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customise the website for you
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Any information you provide to us will only be used by us and possibly passed to our partners for the purpose of dealing with payments and using communications portals. It may also be disclosed to you’re the Governing Body of sport.
We may be required to share information with third party organisations that we partner with, such as the venues we use, to comply with their health, safety and security policies.
You should also be aware that your information may be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
We will hold your Personal Information within our systems for three years where we are dealing with enquiries and ten years
Right to Data
In line with GDPR legislation, requests can be made to view the data we and our partners hold about you and also it is possible to request that all data held is removed.
All requests shall be made in writing to the “Data Controller” at the above address.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
Send an email to: – email@example.com
Write to us at: – Volleyball Developments Limited, 10 Stephendale Road, Farnham, Surrey
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Volleyball Developments Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference: ZA100053.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely. Our website hosting company comply with the European Code of Conduct for Datacentre Operators best practice guidelines, and have been externally audited and certified to ISO 27001 (Information Security) standards, ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management).
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.vbdc.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.